At long last, Content Strategy for WordPress is available everywhere! This is a relatively short book—less than half as long as WordPress for Web Developers was—and it’s aimed at a more general audience. Paradoxically, I’ve been working on it twice as long as on either of the long developer books. I’m delighted to share it with you all!
It’s a short book for content strategists and managers on implementing a complete content strategy in WordPress: evaluation, analysis, content modeling, editing and workflows, and long-term planning and maintenance.
Content Strategy, WordPress Tactics
- evaluating your site with a content audit
- content modeling to create structured content
- providing context-aware content like related posts and contextual sidebars
- rearranging content for mobile layouts
- creating a better authoring experience, with clutter-free editing screens, inline help, and a style guide right in the dashboard
- workflows and email notifications
- sharing data with RSS feeds and a REST API
- …and more
You can buy it from…
Is this a coding book?
No! Unlike my previous developer books, this book is for everyone: site owners, content editors, managers… If you own a WordPress site and you’ve been wanting to create more highly structured content, or to reorganize your pages for better long-term maintenance, this book will show you how.
Every step of the process uses plugins that allow you to set things up without writing any code. (In some cases, like creating your content model, I’ve provided the code as well—just in case you want it.)
There are a few small tweaks you can’t make without code; for those, I’ve provided short examples that you can copy and paste.
What about print?
There will be a paperback edition in a few weeks. If you’d like me to email you when it’s available, you can sign up for my book release announcement list.
See the WordCamp videos
Huge thanks to everyone who attended those talks–especially everyone who came up to me afterward to say, “This should be a book!” I listened. I hope you like it.