FirstCall is the helpdesk site for the AgriLife division of the Texas A&M University System. I worked with the in-house team to rewrite the content, reorganize the home page and the site navigation, and design a WordPress theme that reflected the organization's new, … [Read more...]

FAZD: National Center for Foreign Animal and Zoonotic Disease Defense


FAZD, a part of Texas A&M's AgriLife division, is a research center focusing on animal disease. In addition to the usual news and informational pages, the site needed to showcase the Center's research projects, tools (the finished results of past research projects, like … [Read more...]

Technology in Higher Education Conference


This group needed a site for their conference, and they needed it done in a hurry. They had a Photoshop comp from their designer, but it was a fixed width design, and they wanted a mobile-friendly site. I decided to make it responsive, and I worked with them to determine content … [Read more...]

Texas A&M University Writing Center


When I was hired in 2007, the Writing Center had a complex site built in Mambo. It that hadn't been updated in a while. Only the director felt comfortable adding anything, and we had forty-odd enthusiastic students who could contribute -- if only they knew how. I updated the to … [Read more...]

Texas A&M Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory


TVMDL was moving into WordPress with the help of some very talented in-house people, but they were having trouble getting past their old content. I did a content inventory and helped them implement some of the changes they wanted to make to the AgriLife parent theme. Along the … [Read more...]