Copied from Lisa — complete with her answers, in some cases, because we’ve known each other far too long and often echo each other like this.
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
My most impressive scar is actually the least visible: there’s a line on my forehead, from the inside of one eyebrow up to the hairline, where the tiny hairs on my face grow a different direction. When I was about four, I jumped out of a wagon one of my cousins was pulling across a relative’s back yard, and I split my head open on a random piece of concrete someone had tossed out there.
I really don’t have that many scars. Couple of divots in interesting shapes left over from the chicken pox.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
My bedroom is appallingly bare. My office is much better: three walls are lined with bookshelves, on top of which are a few prints (including all 4 of Charles Vess’s Stardust covers, mounted but not framed), there’s a 5′×3′ bulletin board, a calendar, a signed poster from the Veronica Marsathon in Austin, and the fabulous DragonCon poster from 1994(?) with six artists doing panels to create a mosaic dragon. That one’s framed. I prize it above a lot of art that’s (objectively) better.
3. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HAIR?
Very dark blonde, to the point that I feel weird that I still identify myself as a blonde. I should either dye it (ugh) or get used to thinking of it as light brown.
4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO?
Indie alternative, Europop, folk (esp. by women; I love Womenfolk), and sometimes dance/trance, especially if I’m coding.
See also: WOXY, KEXP, RadioParadise.
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
Dinnertime. 5:30-ish, I think.
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
To be able to quit my day job.
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
Summers at my grandparents’ farm. My parents. Several menu items from various defunct restaurants. One particular menu item from a distant restaurant. The Lyle & Han morning show. Grape juice, with lots of lemon and sugar, made from the concentrate you get as an intermediate step while making grape jelly. My brother- and sister-in-law.
Should I stop now? Some of these things are going into novels.
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION?
Does my husband count? If not, then my book collection.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL?
My mom’s kitchen on Christmas morning.
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Only if it’s truly pitch black, and then only because I’m bound to hurt myself on something.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FRANGRANCE?
13. WHAT KIND OF HAIR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Short. Short enough that it bristles when I run my hand over it. Color optional.
14. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING AT?
I didn’t, I probably wouldn’t, and I don’t.
15. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Tomato + basil. If that’s not available, pepperoni.
17. IF YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The orgasmic chicken sandwich from Alonti.
18. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
Undoubtedly my husband.
19. DO YOU SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE?
Spanish and Russian, poorly and with difficulty.
20. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU (OF THE OPPOSITE SEX):
I truly don’t remember.
21. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON WERE LEAVING?
I think the author of this question is confused about the process of falling in love.
22. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
With, y’know, words.
23. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED.
24. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
25. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
ah, conference calls….
Lisa Holcomb says
And here’s where I have to admit that I copied some of my answers (a few of which you copied from me) from Mikie, who I got the meme from in the first place. Which you prolly already know.
And the fun part was rereading my answers to several questions because I had totally forgotten what I’d answered (to the point that when I saw the questions listed on your blog I went “Was that really a question?”).
I second the Angelina Jolie