Content Strategy for WordPress
A short book on WordPress tactics for implementing your content strategy
- evaluating your site with a content audit
- content modeling to create structured content
- providing context-aware content like related posts and contextual sidebars
- rearranging content for mobile layouts
- creating a better authoring experience, with clutter-free editing screens, inline help, and a style guide right in the dashboard
- workflows and email notifications
- sharing data with RSS feeds and a REST API
- ...and more
or buy it from...
WordPress for Web Developers
Looking for something a little more technical?
This professional-level introduction to WordPress includes...
- an intro to theme and plugin development
- an in-depth look at the administration screens
- tips for importing content from other platforms
- maintenance and security guidelines
August 19, 2016
The WordPress Citation Importer plugin imports individual citations, bibliography lists, or lists of DOIs into WordPress via the CrossRef Metadata API. Using a publication post type and/or a few custom fields, you could build a local database of publications for your company, university, library, etc. without having to manually enter each field. How it works 1. […]
August 18, 2016
Next week, I’m speaking at the online Content Strategy Summit, along with a really intimidating lineup. Want 20% off your registration? Enter LEARY as your discount code. Registration gets you live attendance (ask questions!) AND access to the recordings afterward. See you (on screen) next week!
August 2, 2016
Here are my slides from my WPCampus talk, Getting to WordPress (AKA How to Import Absolutely Anything): Getting to WordPress from Stephanie Leary The video should be up soon!