I picked up the new Buffy soundtrack yesterday. Turns out all the online stores have the wrong track listing. Here’s the real one, for when you go to rip it and find that it’s not in the CDDB yet:
1. Buffy Main Title Theme – The Breeders
2. Stop Thinking About It – Joey Ramone
3. Bohemian Like You – The Dandy Warhols
4. Everybody Got Their Something – Nikka Costa
5. Key – Devics
6. Sound of the Revolution – Lunatic Calm
7. Ballad for Dead Friends – Dashboard Prophets
8. Blue – Angie Hart
9. Pavlov’s Bell – Aimee Mann
10. There’s No Other Way – Blur
11. Prayer of St. Francis – Sarah McLachlan
12. The Final Fight (Original Score) – Rob Duncan
This “Blue” is the longer version with the really weird segue. I’m glad I grabbed the original from Splendid’s site while it was still up….
This morning, Whedonesque reports a different version of the CD for the UK. I’m not trusting the track listings at this point, but this one is really different. I’m wondering if the interactivity on “Blue” is the option to choose the shorter version? (OK, I’m harping on this point, but the long version really does suck.) If the list is accurate, I’ll have to grab this one too, because it has some great stuff on it – “Spoon,” the song that Buffy did her “sexy dance” with Xander to in season 2, the Melanie Doane track that was reportedly on the US version but got traded for Devics, a Patty Medina song that does not exist anywhere else (as far as I can tell), and Fonda, Laika, and Aberdeen songs that I was surprised not to see on the US CD.